Friday, September 30, 2016

#fridayflash - The Earth is Full of His Unfailing Love

#fridayflash
On Fridays we break from a week of trending topics in news and entertainment for a quick verse and a prayer.  While it's good to find God's truths in the topics that we read of and speak of everyday, we can get lost in the drama and complication of it all.  It is good to take a break and just ponder the truths in His word, without needing to relate it to our current situations.  I trust the scripture will speak to you if you open your heart for it to do so.

#scripture

Psalm 33:4-6

For the word of the LORD is right and true; he is faithful in all he does.  The LORD loves righteousness and justice; the earth is full of his unfailing love.  By the word of the LORD the heavens were made, their starry host by the breath of his mouth.

#prayer
Oh LORD, I have never met anyone on this earth who is faithful in all that they do.  And you, LORD, are.  I never need to doubt your promises, and that is so reassuring!  LORD, give me a heart for righteousness and justice.  Let it be said of me that I love righteousness and justice!  LORD, in the midst of race issues, electoral drama, and a world filled with sin, it is easy for me to despair.  Help me to see your "unfailing love" everywhere I look around on this earth.  I thank you LORD for the daily evidences of your power in the wonders of your natural creation.  Help me appreciate and exalt you, daily, for all you are doing in my life, and the lives of those around me.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment